Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My 3 month old LG49UB850V TV will not turn on. Red light showing

My 3 month old LG49UB850V TV will not turn on. Red light showing and a different TV works on the aerial input.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Is that red light solid or flashing?Is the screen lit/glowing at all?Any clicking or popping sounds?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red light steady. When I press the on/button on the remote, the light goes out for a second but then returns to the steady state. Screen dark - no light or sound. No noises
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc). There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; At that point your best recourse is to contact the retailer first to see if you can still return/exchange it. If not, the next step is calling the LG warranty service line to file a repair/replacement claim:(###) ###-####Nothing you do beyond the reset process would be productive - it would only cost you time/money and potentially void your warranty. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan