MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a Samsung LED TV model UE40ES5500 and a Samsung

Customer Question

I have a Samsung LED TV model UE40ES5500 and a Samsung Soundbase model HW-H600. I can get the Soundbase to turn OFF at the same time as the TV but I can't get it to turn ON. DO you know if there is any way of changing settings to make this happen? My TV does not seem to have the 'Soundconnect' function that gets mentioned on the Soundbase instructions and on lots of Samsung and other forums. Is that the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes I have heard about this as well.How old is your TV?ALso do you have it set up for automatic internet updates?This problem has been addressed but Im not sure if they have sent you the update for that function. I heard they were going to include that code, but they haven't said if it has gone out yet. SO you are correct, the reason though it doesn't automatically turn on the sound is becuase of a software update that is needed, and should come to you if you have your TV set to auto updates to install automatically;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a wonderful day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thanks Michael.

I don't keep my TV connected to the internet but I have other streaming devices that are so I just switched a cable and have downloaded and installed a software update that is a mch later version.

My TV must be 3 years old from the build-date. Do you know what I need to do next if the update has been included? It isn't turning ON by default yet but I'm guessing there will be setting options that need changing after the software update?

Adrian

Hi Adrian, thats good what you did. Unfortunately the software comes in batches and there's no way to know if the last update has that feature built in. But since you haven't had the updates occurring regularly its possible it may not be there yet. Also I'm not sure if they released that feature yet?But keep it on update if you can or check for updates eventually it will be be there. Also check in your menus so you will see the control for that if they include one. In this case probably its going to be one day it will turn on by itself as it should.Thanks for rating and have a great day Adrian always happy to help;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael. Do you know what the actual feature will be called if and when it comes onto my Menu listings?

Adrian

Hi I did some checking, this wouldnt show up in the menu, its just a feture that senses the voltage and sends a signal to turn on other devices, note, this still wont always work. I have the same thing here with my cable box, once I turn it on, it will turn on my TV and sound system, but, it doesn't always work. SO sometimes you will still need to manually do this. ALso I'm not sure if they actually included this code in the new updates yet or if your TV has gotten that particular one since you haven't had it on auto update. Sounds like it coming if its not already there working yet.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael, I tried doing another update but it said I had the laest one, so no it hasn't come through yet. I'll check on a regular basis but I don't actually want my TV linked to the interet permanently yet.

Thanks for your help though. I at least have a place to go check that I hadn't thought of before.

Adrian

Hi Adrian, I will still be here when you need me, but yes you will need to wait for the correct update. And its very possible that they just haven't released it yet. But I do know they were addressing that issue.Thanks Adrian.Tech Michael