info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

50LA66V LED TV 1 year old No picture, sound OK

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anthony

Sorry about the delay in answering, had to dash out yesterday

I have tried pressing the menu button but the screen remains blank

Charlie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anthony

I have tried pressing the menu button but the screen remains blank.

Charlie
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Charlie if you look closely at the display can you see any visible feint light on the screen? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Anthony

There are no visible lights on the screen.

Charlie

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK that means the back-light is out Charlie what you MUST do first is try and get this done under warranty ,if the set is less than 12 months old you will not have a problem over 12 months there is usually a grace period of about 1 month so please contact the retailer first where you got the set, if they can not help contact LG via the website.The problem is likely to be the power-board that supplies the LED array however I have had open circuit LEDS and that is bad news. Let me know if you have anything to add or need more info Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have Many Thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Anthony

Thanks for the help and advise, I will go to the supplier and check the warranty conditions.

Charlie

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
That option wont lose you any money luckily its happened now and not in another 6 months, Let me know if I can do anything else Please remember the rating thank youAnthony