MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

Anthony can't get sky TV my Samsung TV it shows weak or

Customer Question

Hi Anthony can't get sky TV my Samsung TV it shows weak or no signal. I've tried using sky online showing how to fix but after selecting menu then scrolling to system it does not show up the plug in options beneath that option so don't know where to find it
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome Was the sky previously working OK?its now not working OK?Or have you just got it? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it was previously fine. I remember this happened once before & when sky talked me through I told them the option for plug ins was not under the systems option so she told me to choose a different option & we got it fixed that way. I've checked all cables & theure ok & so is sky wi fe working ok
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Please re-boot the box by unplugging it from the wall waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again, do the same with the TV at the same time, let everything boot back up and let me know if there is any change Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll come back to you when done that
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my answer that done that & problem is still there.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I only see what you see above here, OK it may be a dish problem where is the dish?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No dish I've got wi fi as part of my TV package with sky which gives broadband & landline. The problem was solved a few months ago by sky who talked me through & when I selected system & the option the next option for plug in was not there so she talked me through another way to get it & it worked do I'me sure if you can do this it will be ok again but sky are closed today so that why I've contact you so would appreciate your being to help. Many thanks waiting to hear back from you
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
No I do not know anything about this arrangement I will opt out if you need to speak with support about refunding please contact***@******.*** if no one else can help Please do not rate as this will keep the question openAnthony
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi different expert here,I was reading over your posts and one thing to try to be sure of the problem if you can, is to move the WiFi box a bit closer as a test. Please let me know if the signal is any better or not. That will help me a great deal to know what the issue is for sure.Also were there any storms or power outages just prior to this event?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

re your message at 8.52 on 22nd September

'I will opt out if you need to speak to support about refunding please contact [email protected] answer.com if no one else can help'

In fact no one else did contact me from your company so after a long time I managed to correct the problem myself. I also have contacted refunding on email address in your message for a refund. Its no good now coming back to me with a suggestion, I did not find the service very good at all.

HI I noticed the other Tech had oped out but I didn't see this one until just this morning. Sorry he couldn't help you before now.Have a great day!'Tech MIchael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please can you reassure me that my refund has been processed