info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I can't get my Samsung LCD TV to show it's got an aerial c

I can't get my Samsung LCD TV to show it's got an aerial connected
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
So I am assuming you are getting the message "no signal" do other TVs or have you got another TV working on a known good aerial socket on the wall?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I select TV instead of DTV it shows the Aerial icon. I took over this house today and the previous occupant confirms he had no problem. I've moved from Wales to England so want to re-tune.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
You do need to pick DTV then instigate the tuning process have you done that?autotune?
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
TV will be analogue possibly particularly if you see snow on the screen and that wont work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The aerial icon is greyed out when I selkect DTV but is there in TV

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Aaah OK you have a problem then if its greyed out Do you have on the remote control >>INFO>>MENU>>MUTE buttons? Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mute Source Menu

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK just give me 5 please
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
The model number is ***** can you please recheck it thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ln32n73BOA/XEU

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
No your still out with the model the B may be an 8 and the O may be a 0 but I have tried that and no go
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Double Checked: LE32N73BDX/XEU Type No MC32EO

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
That is different! Ok please wait thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
There IS an INFO MENU and MUTE button on the remote control please find these buttons they ARE there then we will move on thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. There are Info MENU and mute

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks what you need to do is this >>>>put the set into standby mode (OFF)then press INFO>>MENU>>MUTE >>POWER ON within 6 seconds (if it does not work try again until it works) you will see a menu you haven't seen before navigate to OPTION 13 or it may be OPTION 12 RESET I think you use the right arrow button to get onto it then OK thes ewill switch OFF after a short time you may need to switch it ON again and then you should see the DTV icon lit and ready to be used Let me know if you run into trouble Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have Many Thanks Anthony