Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Have connected Home theater using HDMI cable, however, although

Have connected Home theater using HDMI cable, however, although it has identified SKY HD I am unable to get it to play through Home Theater. For some reason it has identified SKY under AUX? and does not show HDMI at all??
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Please provide the complete make/model number of all devices used here (box, tv, theater, etc).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lg (TV) Philips Home theater HTB 3520G.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the model of the tv also, and of the sky box?How specifically is everything connected currently (which cords, which port on each device, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV is LG 42lD450, Sky HD Both connected with HDMI Cable, However, unable to get sound through Home theater HTB 3520G.Although it has identified SKY it shows it as AUX instead of HDMI?? The Home Theater does not show HD as an option?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Your connection methods still are not clear, I was looking for the specific connections used to be detailed for each and every device.It sounds like you're trying to plug the sky box into the theater, and then theater to the tv. Instead, connect the sky box to the tv via hdmi, the same way you always have, (you can keep hdmi from lg to theater for dvd playback).Run a separate optical (fiber optic / toslink) cable: http://amzn.to/1Msjhlm from the tv (digital audio out) back to the aux/digital input on the theater.