info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

To watch a DVD I normally turn on my tv, then I turn on Sky.

to watch a DVD I normally turn on my tv, then I turn on Sky. Then I turn on the DVD which switches the tv monitor from showing the sky offering to the DVD film. Today, it switched as usual but only the sound of the DVD comes out, not the picture. What do I do please? thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Have you checked the lead from the DVD to the TV is good and home both at the TV and the DVD player itself ?please do that if not
Also if you are using a HDMI lead please swap the lead with a known good one
Let me know about this first please
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Anthony

the cables seem to be fine. I am pretty sure the problem is I have pressed to wrong button somewhere.

sophia

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Not if you have sound, most people I come across think they have pressed a wrong button but you see if you have sound and no pic there is no button around that will put the pic back on so there is a problem either with the leads or the signal from the DVD, I suggest you reboot both the TV and the DVD by unplugging both from wallpower if that does not solve the problem and you are using hdmi please swap the lead to eliminate it, we have endless trouble with hdmi leads in particular
Let me know how this goes
Anthony