Dan
Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

I have a panasonic HDD DVD Recorder DMR-EX768. By mistake

Customer Question

I have a panasonic HDD DVD Recorder DMR-EX768. By mistake I recorded the wrong programme this afternoon (a non service programme as it turned out) and I cannot stop recording (it has been recording for 51/2 hours) I have tried everything including unplugging the machine.
Can you tell me what buttons to press to get out of the problem. Unfortunately I have not got a manual.
Thanks very much
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. Unplug your recorder then press and hold the power button for about one minute then let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan,
I think I sent you a message during the evening and did not receive your reply until the following morning. Before opening your email I found that the recorder had stopped recording! However I went into playback and found it had recorded endless sessions of nothing! I was not able to put your theory to the test unfortunately. However if it ever happens again, I will try your solution out - so just to clarify you suggest I turn off at the mains and then hold down the power button on the recorder (not on the remote?) for about one minute. I suppose that is to clear the mode it had got itself locked into. It is a pity I could not put it to the test. Can you just confirm that I have it correctly. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan,
Sorry I couldn't provide a higher rating as I was unable to put your suggestion to the Test. However if you can reply to my comments above and confirm what I should do I can give you a higher rating. However I was glad you were able to come back to me reasonably quickly.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Yes you are correct. Many electronic devices can be cleared of anomalies by unplugging the power source then pressing and holding the power button. This helps to drain any residual power and clear the on board processors that may be causing the problem. The next time you experience a problem with any electronic device, give it a try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Dan - I will definitely use you next time I have a problem
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you; it was a pleasure working with you.