Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Dennon AVR-1100 AV Receiver - no speaker output. Unit has

Dennon AVR-1100 AV Receiver - no speaker output.
Unit has been working fine but today, has no output to any of the 7 speakers or two subs. Audio is output to the TV via HDMI okay. All inputs and other functionality is okay too. Checked spkr connections, mute, etc and the unit is not in protect mode. I have tried a factory reset but still same issue. Is there an internal fuse to the power amp section or other common known fault? I am a fully qualified electronics engineer and technical trainer but my unit is still under warranty and would prefer to carry out any remedial work myself.
Many thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?By the way , this is NOT an answer so there is no need to rate yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jack, thanks for your reply. I'm at work at the moment so could be pulled away from my bench but please ask your questions.

Phil.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then but the real work could be done with you sitting in front of the unit .Any ways you could reach me from home later on ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
In any case here are a few questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, Will be about 5pm GMT.

thanks

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
When you turn the volume up/down , do you the the volume OSD on the tv ?Did you try the test tones in the speaker menu ?How about the audyssey setup , do you get sound there ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Built-in am/fm radio perhaps ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
We`ll go through a few of those things later and perhaps come up with a simple solution .As it happens I have the AVR-S900 myself which is quite similar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll try these when I return home.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
o.k and also , on your remote you will see a yellow button (bottom right) that says "pure " as in pure direct , this bypasses some of the sound processor circuits , give it a try
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, thanks.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No problem , later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, back home now.

All spkrs working with test tone.

"Pure" button makes no difference.

Unit is now saving my config so will be about 15 mins. I'm going to do another factory reset to see what happens. I read on one forum that it is worth trying 3 or 4 times!

Back in 15.

Cheers

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then you are one step ahead , i was going to suggest a factory reset then the audyssey setup (with the mic) again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wont be able to do anther audyssey setup again today due to other commitments that's why I'm saving my config this time:)lol. Hope the reset restores everything.

back in a while. Cheers.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No problem and i hope so too , otherwise you will have done everything that could possibly be done , i mean that you cannot get any further than factory reset and if you still cannot get sound then it will be time to use that warranty .If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .
Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Cheers