info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

We have a 4hd LG smart TV. When you point the remote at the

Customer Question

We have a 4hd LG smart TV. When you point the remote at the TV I just can't get the red dot to come up - so can't switch to you tube, dvd etc
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome I will need the full model number please found on the back of the set? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
49uf84ov-zb
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that is not correct please re-check carefully this is important
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what is says next to model - what should it look like?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
It will be correct if you can google it, if I try to google what you sent nothing comes up.....
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
That is the number but its wrong
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

49UF850V-ZB

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK thank youHave you re-booted the set?unplugged from wall-power waited 5 mins then re-plug back in again?if not please do that thank you before we move on Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this - but still not working!!
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Jodie I have to ask these questions otherwise we will miss a stepping stone, it is not possible with any question I get here to immediately give a answer I have to ask you for info now it has been 7 days since I heard from you so lete be patient and see this through
Now how old is the set Jodie?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is about four weeks old -
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
And I am assuming the batteries have been changed in the remote, or they are new at least, Jodie I am also assuming over the four weeks you have had the set it was working OK and you could work with switching apps if that is the case it may be bad software, please go into the settings menu of the set and find the software version you have with the set and post back here.It WILL be in one of the menus maybe the "about" banner

Jodie let me know it will be a 6 figure version like 30.09.32 as an example

Anthony