Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Have installed a new LG LAB550W soundplate. Never seen the

Have installed a new LG LAB550W soundplate. Never seen the setup menu - where is it? Screen showa HOME but no home menu.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):1. When you press HOME, describe exactly what do you see on the screen?2. What are you expecting to see that you don't?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when the display shows HOME and I hit ENTER on the controller it gust moves on to
optical, etc.. I expect it to show a HOME menu as shown in the installation guide.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I could not reply sooner, I have been attending services. Can you please try removing any disc out of the unit, disconnect all audio/video cables except the hdmi going to the tv, then unplug the unit's POWER cord for 5 minutes. The plug in the unit's power cord, turn on the unit and check if you still have the same issue. If you do, please REPLY back and attach a photo of what you are seeing when you press the HOME button on the unit's remote.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back. Otherwise please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.Thank you,Mike