info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have two sansung lcd tvs both getting their signal via the

I have two sansung lcd tvs both getting their signal via the rf loop through on pvr stbs.
The LE 32 tunes successfully and gets all available channels. The Le37 only gets those on channel 47 ie BBC1,2,&3 and fails to get the ITV range on channel44.
It's the same result on autoscan and manual scan for 44 gives 0 saved.
Please what can I do to improve the situation?
Clearly the tv tuner is at fault as both pvrs tune successfully so it's not the signal that's at fault
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
If you swap over the TVs so the LE37 is at the same point as the other set do you have any success then?we know the other set has a similiar tuner so that would be the best check
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anthony thanks for your reply

What you suggest is a bit tricky, they are in different rooms

The signal is the same to each set so if the tuners are similar you would surely expect them to perform in a similar fashion?

What say you?

Regards, Granville

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
No the signal may not be it could be getting attenuated the only way to prove that is moving the sets and trying again or just move the bad set will be good enough, its an elimination process then if the set still wont tune you know it is the tuner in the set.
Let me know if you need more info
I only receive credit from the site when you rate the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post thanks again
Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's not getting attenuated on my premises for sure.

The unattenuated signal is the same to both sets.

Granville

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
It has to be verified for sure the only way to do that is with a signal strength meter did you use one of those? or carrying out what I said.You wont be able to tell by looking at the picture if the signal is being attenuated it could be affecting the area of the band you are missing so you either follow the advice or take a risk and swap the mainboard containing the tuner unit, in this game everything has to be verified before moving forwards thats how troubleshooting works.
Let me know
Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more help with this, if the tuner does have to be replaced I can help you with that as I say though it will be very upsetting if the replacement was the same because its not been verified the signal is good or bad
Let me know thanks for the rating
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Meter used and reading same to both sets.

Granville

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK that means you will need to replace the main-board in the set (contains tuner)are you OK replacing this?I will provide more detailed info Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Don't know, depends on what's involved

I have family who may be able to help me, have to see the info to decide

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Its a plug in board really its not difficult at allYou need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board that's the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.flattvparts.co.uk first, if they don't have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)Let me know if you need more infoRegardsAnthony
info tech, Technician