Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Tv one year old. Worked perfectly until two days ago. Now will

Tv one year old. Worked perfectly until two days ago. Now will not respond to remote control. Batteries in remote OK. Can only switch off by unplugging.Tried fiddling with toggle on back of set, achieved nothing. World cup on too!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, What's the model number off of the back of the TV in question please?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Please understand, I can only see a general question about a TV- no Brand or Model info posted, so I cannot begin to give specifics without knowing what set we're dealing with here.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Please don't post duplicate questions- the site charges you each time you post a new question. I submitted that one to be closed. Please reply back here. So I see you have a Samsung and now it will not function with the remote. As well you need to unplug the set to shut it off- this is a fault in the Mainboard of the TV and many times requires replacement of that board. I would need to know- if the procedure below does not work- If the set is just OVER or just UNDER a year old. Please disconnected the TV from power, then press and hod the power button toggle on the back of the set for 15 seconds and release. Wait a full minute then plug it back in and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My god, it works! If it still works tomorrow I,'ll consider it cured. If not, I'll get back to you.

Thanks!