info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My 32LG1db tv is not tuning...i have no channels anymore

my 32LG1db tv is not tuning...i have no channels anymore
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Are you connected to TV services via a aerial or a satellite or cable box please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereAerial. Basically I tried everything but nothing worked. I wanted to reset the factory settings but that required a password ***** I don't have. Any ideas?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Now is the set going through the tuning mode you see it searching for channels ?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Additionally was the set previously working OK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was working ok before in the uk and then we moved to germany for 2 years and it worked ok there too and now we moved back and it hasn't worked. I have tried to tune it but it can't find any channels I have tried on dtv, av1, 2 etc..... But nothing
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I am surprised it worked in Germany via an aerial was you using an aerial in Germany because it should not have worked or been very limited? How old is the set please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 7 years old I think.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I believe the set will no longer work via the tuner that is because the band anyway is being compressed and the modulation has changed (assuming your aerial is verified good) OR the tuner is bad my first theory is probably correct though for a set of this age, all is not lost though you simply need to buy a £20 set-top-box and connect it via the input the aerial will go to the set-top-box.It would not be economical to have the tuner replaced/repaired far easier just to do the above.You can get a set-top-box from the local supermarket Let me know if you need more info Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have Many Thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi AnthonyI have a BT you view box, is that the same as a set top box?ThanksMia
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Does the aerial go directly into this box?if so you have been tuning the box and NOT the TV? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. i tried both with and without the box.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
You have to have a problem with the aerial in that case have you tried another TV at that same aerial point?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I only have 1 tv.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
The way it looks the aerial or something associated with the aerial is not working, the only way to verify that is use another TV and see if it works OR get a signal strength meter from maplins for about £15
If there is no signal you wont get anything
Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience