TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

My LG 55UB850V will not find it latest software update even

My LG 55UB850V will not find it latest software update even though when I ring LG they are telling me that this is what it needs
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
You should be able to download it manually and install it from this website.http://www.lg.com/uk/support-product/lg-55UB850VThere's an instruction guide and the software for several versions. Usually the most recent version contains all the changes from the older versions.But it's also possible you do have the latest update already installed. The first part of the instructions show you how to check what version you presently have installed, then shows how to update the downloadable software.Hope this helps, let me know if it doesn't
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have checked which version we have which is 04.55.40 and the latest version is 04.55.55 The tv is not picking this software update up even though is has always updated no problem before. The LG people have had me down load the update to my pc as zip file then un zip and rename as LG_DVT and another go was DTV_LG and put it on usb memory. When I insert the device in the tv it is still not picking it up. It is showing the file on tv screen but not doing anything with it. This matter has been ongoing with LG people for over 2 weeks now and they keep telling me they will send someone out to it but nothing has happened yet. Every time I ring them I feel that I am getting fobbed off. Any other suggestions please