Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Will my Sony HD tv 200 hz be ok with a bt UHD (4K) set top

Customer Question

Will my Sony HD tv 200 hz be ok with a bt UHD (4K) set top box?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the full model number of your tv, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Itsa KDL40HX803 Sony.

Regards Tony.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tony, thanks for the info.
Yes, it will work fine with this box. However, being an older model, your tv supports only regular HD signals (1080p).
The box should automatically recognize this however and output a HD signal (just not UHD), so you won't actually get 4k picture quality, but you should get regular hd just fine.
You'll want to use a hdmi cable between box and tv for the best picture and sound.
Best regards,
Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Very Much

Top work

Tony.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

You're very welcome, Tony.

Note also that you aren't going to be missing out on much, at least not for a long while. While they may have a 4k box, very little content is actually in UHD at this point, and it will be years before the 4k content starts to replace the existing 1080p content, so you'll have plenty of time to contemplate upgrading to a UHD tv when you're ready to do so.

Best

Nathan