Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have just purchased and tuned in a LG TV Ref LG43LF590L.

Customer Question

I have just purchased and tuned in a LG TV Ref LG43LF590L. I have the remote supplied with it. I also have a virgin media remote. Instead of having to use both remotes when going between cable and terrestrial could you please instruct me how only one remote can be used for everything and that I can discard one of the remotes
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?By the way , this is NOT an answer so there is no need to rate yet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ready for your questions

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
O.k then look at the link below and tell me which remote is yours ;http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3959&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No 13

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
O.k then we`ll try and get that remote programmed so that it will operate your tv`s basic functions like volume and power .Be right back
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Most often the "automatic search " is the easiest so here is how it is done ; Switch on the TV set and check you are watching a channel and that you can clearly hear the volumePress the *(STAR) and TV buttons down on your remote for a few seconds until the light flashes twiceEnter 991 and press OKPoint the remote at your TV and repeatedly press the CH+ key (around once a second). As soon as you hear that the TV volume has muted, press OK.Test the volume keys. If they don’t work, repeat these steps again.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
If that is working then great , otherwise the tv`s remote could not be programmed to control the media box and in that case you would need to use both remote controls .If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where is the star button located on the remote?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Is that a TIVO box ?
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Sorry then forget about the star and look at the link below;https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9kkooxqh30bv2p/2015-10-06_1734.png?dl=0
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Look at this link if you have difficulties with that text ;http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3943&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
I will step out for dinner now and check on you when I get back but if that answers your questions then pease do take the time to rate my answer , that is how I get paid for my time helping you Thank you
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thanks for understanding .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for help,Jack. Although your instructions do not solve my problem I will obviously have to just continue to use both remotes. I will leave a rating as you suggest but would ask why the cost is £ 21 now and not the £ 11 I instructed

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello again

You got me there about the charges , I `m really not privy to that part , sorry just the repairman here .

You can get answer to that at customer services where you first logged in or lookup the link below ;

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
1.888.862.9212