MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a panasonic dvd recorder DMR-EX769DB ser.no: 95288-135431-3862P

Customer Question

I have a panasonic dvd recorder DMR-EX769DB ser.no: 95288-135431-3862
Problem: If I set to record a program at 10.00pm it will only record until 10.30
and then switches off the recording. Bearing in mind I have no technical knowledge
if there is a solution to this, I would like pass the information on to the technicians
who are trying to sort this out for me.
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your DVD recorder?Is this a new problem that seems to have just developed?Thank You,Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
This DVD must be about 7 or 8 years old.
The problem arose on the 8 Sept. We had the machine re-tuned at by technicians who have done this
in the past. I noticed that when I programmed for a recording at 10.00pm only half of the program was
recorded. I have never had this problem before. On Monday back it went for more appraisal but the problem
remains the same.
I hope this makes sense to you.
Fiona
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot rate Michael as yet because I have not had any advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had any results as yet to the problem quoted...why is this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have given the information as asked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I find this most unsatisfactory
Hi Im sorry for the delay!The system was having this problem its rare but its also fixed nowIm here.

This problem is in the HDD drive.

Its possible it may need a new HDD,

does the time still stay in memory when you set it?

Tech Michael