Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Television tx_p42x50b 3years old cannot get power

television tx_p42x50b 3years old cannot get power
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?By the way , this is NOT an answer so there is no need to rate yet.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello ???Please do not open other posts and reply to me here .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ready to proceed
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
O.k then glad to see you found me
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
What is the tv doing now if anything ?Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
showing nothing
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
O.k then just to make sure ;You mean that it is completely dead , no life whatsoever ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
exactly that
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
O.k then in that case this definitely does not look good for the power board and I can tell you that 95% of the time it is easier (and cheaper) to replace that board instead of trying to replace components in itCan you give me a few minutes on that ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
On the power board , can you see a number either printed on the board or a bar coded sticker that would look like this , B159-201 FHB1590
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Or this number N0AE6JK00005
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Never mind that and take a look at the link below ;http://www.ftvparts.com/products/panasonic-n0ae6jk00005-power-supply-b159-201.htmlIt is out of stock there but does it look like it ?
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
I know it is the correct board , I just want you to confirm
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i would not know i just own the damn thing
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
No problem I do know its the correct board and I thought that you had the back cover removed .If you wish to look into repairing this yourself then as you will see at the first link I gave you that link this board is also used in the equivalent tv model number TC-P42X5 and although I could not find anyone in the UK that has that part in stock , I did find it in quite a few places in the USA and the best contact for this would be at the link below ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-n0ae6jk00005-p-board.htmThese guys used to do business in the UK as well .Other than that you could check with the people at the first link and they may take request so you would be notified when they have it back in stock .You can also use the part number N0AE6JK00005 (B159-201) if you`d like to do your own shopping .If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around 200 pounds parts included and perhaps 50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you for your help and your time.