Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have just bought a new Samsung UE48JU6400 48" 4K Smart TV.

I have just bought a new Samsung UE48JU6400 48" 4K Smart TV. I have set this up without any problem and connected it to my Sky box.
However when I moved my old TV 9 (a Samsung UE40e) to my bedroom I was unable to connect it through the magic eye and my Samsung DVD recorder to the Sky box.
Previously my Sony TV was connected to the DVD with a Scart cable. There is no Scart socket on the Samsung TV. The Sky magic eye was then connected through the ANT in socket to the DVD player.
This worked fine. the only change I have made is to connect the DVD player to the TV using and HMDI Cable. But I cannot receive Sky on the upstairs Samsung UE40e.
What am I doing wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you please clarify what specifically is connected to the upstairs tv currently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The upstairs TV is connected by HDMI cable to a Samsung DVD-SH855M. (With the previous Sony TV this was a scart connection) It is also connect to the DVD player by coaxial. The magic sky eye is connected between the DVD player and the aerial via the aerial socket - the aerial connects behind the magic eye. This all worked with the Sony TV.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
So the sony tv was in the bedroom previously. What is connecting the downstairs sky box to the upstairs tv though?Do you have coax from the downstairs box to the samsung dvd recorder? Or are you only using an aerial for upstairs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the Sony was in the bedroom. The aerial is connected to a splitter in the loft. We have in fact solved it now, simply by going ontoBBC1 digital and going back one programme.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update, I'm glad it is back on track for you now.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I was not able to give a quicker answer for you, as I needed those extra details first. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan