Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

MY TV IS A REAR PROJECTION TV AV-61PRO MODEL REMOTE IS LOST

Customer Question

MY TV IS A REAR PROJECTION TV AV-61PRO MODEL REMOTE IS LOST TV IS NOT GETTING ON WHEN WE ON THE TV GREEN LIGHT LED IS COMING ON NOW THE TIMER OFF LED RED ALSO COMING AFTER ON THE TV WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM HOW CAN I MAKE THE TV ON WITHOUT THE REMOTE
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?By the way , this is NOT an answer so there is no need to rate yet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what could be the problem on my tv

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Right now quite a few things could be the problem , this is an older deflection /tube tv and they were quite complex which means that quite a few things can go wrong after all this time.I will have few questions and I will have you try something .By the way , you don`t need the remote to turn the tv on and even if you had it , that would not help in this case
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
First thing to try is this;Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.let me know how that goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what will be the reason and we need a solution

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Did you try what I suggested above ?
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
I see that you opened another post so I will opt out and repost this oneGood luck
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after several years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply circuit being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 4 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.