Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony 40" TV which is driving me mad as every 2-3 hours

I have a Sony 40" TV which is driving me mad as every 2-3 hours it asks me to press a button or it will switch onto stand by. My wife is disabled and can not do this herself which means that if i am out she has no TV..
Can I do anything about this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem. This is not an answer so do not rate it.- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi

its KDL 40E 5510

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info, working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John for waiting.
There is one setting calls 'Idle TV Standby' that can switch TV off after preset length of time. Please press Home button on TV remote to get menu screen then go to Eco option and find "Idle TV Standby" option, turn it Off if its activated for certain time length and check if TV stays On.
Idle TV means no button is pushed during that time, its like PC goes to screen saver mode or sleep mode when not used for longer period of time.
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Shahid

Followed your instructions - I turned "idle TV standby" to Off

problem solved !!

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent John, glad to know that problem is resolved. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.