MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a 48ju6410 samsung hd tv. it is tuned to freesat and

Customer Question

i have a 48ju6410 samsung hd tv. it is tuned to freesat and terrestial irish channels. i want to disable re
tuning or manual tuning so set it on hotel mode in the system settings by just selecting control hotel mode on.
i then realized i couldnt view all my selected channels.
i just want to be able to disable tuning auto and manual.
please help.
i have put hotel mode off again.
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.You would need to go into the master control and set auto tune to OFF.Do you have the user manual and service menu info?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael. Thank you for replying. Im not actually near the tv now but when I get into the service menu do I select control and hotel mode to do that? or can I just disable auto tuning without using hotel mode?
Hi, I believe you need to do that from teh hotel mode as a security feature.I know its a pain, but you must go through the service menu;-(Lol, In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a wonderful evening!Tech Michael
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience: I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael. But why couldn't I view channels that were tuned in before I set hotel mode. want the tv to work as normal just not auto tune.
Im going to rate you thus far and hopefully I will get this resolved tomorrow.
I don't have a manual as its only a silly start up thing that tells you zero.
I am able to get into the service menu though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. rated and left a tip :-)
Please help me with this. I am blue in the face trying to sort it.
Colette
Hi thank you Colette for rating,The reason you have different channels in hotel mode is because that is one of the main features of the hotel mode. For example, yo may wish to only allow certain ones for various reasons, so once you get into hotel mode, you will need to set those channels up one at a time and lock them in.then as long as the broadcast is there, then your set should tune these channels in fine;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I do that when im in hotel mode? how do I do it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't undertand what the various options under hotel mode mean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you tune the tv from hotel mode though?
Hi once in hotel mode, you need to set the other parameters. then within 10 minutes you need to go to the auto tune section in the TV menu and let it scan for all available broadcasts.Remember to set your antenna type correctly first before trying auto tune or it wont work ;-(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean by other parameters? I am not very tech savvy. sorry to be such a pain. and I have to go to terrestrial to set the irish ones then to freesat to put in the others...
Hi you are correct, I will see if there a sheet on this, but it wont be until tomorrow, since its really late here where I am and will let you know if there is something I can find. Its really pretty easy as easy as that can be.But this is something you need to do from the menu under the first set up where it scans for the channels.I will be back tomorrow. Its been a really long day .Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Michael. look forward to getting that.
kind regardsColette
Hi Colette,I don't see anything on that one, and usually its a pretty easy fix to set this, unless...there is an electronic component failure in the set causing this to keep trying to auto tune. I will do some more checking on that as well. I will be in touch with you once I see something that will help us determine the issues cause.What happens when you do an auto programming?Does it find the channels? Does it lock them?and can you watch them or does the set just go back to searching etc?Thanks Tech Michael