Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I've carried out parts 1,2,3, on setup ok until 4, "where

Hi I've carried out parts 1,2,3, on setup ok until 4, "where are you"? I'm in my lounge in the uk! on the screen is "France"& no other choice no other countries,I had no choice but to click France to carry on to complete the set up. My new TV is a Samsung 40 inch Smart Tv, Model code :UE40H6400AWZF Version no:06 TypeUE40H6400 S/N HOSJ3SGG900502N. Could I have some help please as all my TV channels now are 800 or 900 instead 1,2 3 4 5. etc but they are in english.! My e-mail address is grenville.boycott @ btinternet.com .Many thanks Mr G Boycott. While I'm on here I must ask why sky picture is all blue & yellow? My terrestrial picture is ok.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Did you buy the TV New? And if so, from where did you purchase it?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I've only had it since last Friday09/10/15,I bought it from e-bay.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to get to the menu on the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes I tried different ways, but unlike you I don't have the knowledge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have switched the menu on.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** Menu, Setup and choose to Factory Reset the TV which will reinstalll the firmware and allow you to set it up again.Do this and tell me if it offers more options then france please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard, every time I try set up it goes to enter your pin number which I tried it went to language no factory settings!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have looked for factory settings before & could not find them.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Does it accept 0000 as the pin? as this is the default
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard it won't accept the four o's as it's incorrect. it will only accept my pin number.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, and when it accepts, only France correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes only a highlited France.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the ROM thats on the TV, it appears to be destined for a French country but in English, possible it was customized, but you cannot then change this sorry, as the reset should have loaded the original one.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV and request an actual factory standard one as this is not it
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.