Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Just recently my tv has suddenly displayed a blue screen, no

Just recently my tv has suddenly displayed a blue screen, no sound either. Impossible to turn off with remote. Does not respond to Sky remote. I turn off at wall, leave it for a few hours and it works perfectly for a while then it happens again. It is not an old set, I bought it to watch the Royal Wedding.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, what is the model number off of the back of the TV please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ventured PLV 91237552
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. The blue screen and being unable to turn the TV off without unplugging it indicates a fault in the Mainboard of the set- which in most cases requires service to the set. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Are you still having the same problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is working OK at the moment, but the problem has happened a few times. It seems to happen when the TV has been on for a while. It will be interesting to see what happens when I am watching television this evening. Thank you so much for your help.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I understand, and if the issue occurs again- it would indicate the processor on the Mainboard inside of the TV is failing, and this requires hardware replacement in order to fix the issue. Average cost for that repair in your TV is in the $200 range unfortunately. I'm hoping that the issue does not arise again, but if it does- then indeed it would require service as described above. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.