Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a 32" Regza when I try to adjust the volume the "Main"

I have a 32" Regza when I try to adjust the volume the "Main" menu comes up in the bottom LH corner and the picture/ sound goes and shows the message No Signal. I then have to reselect HMDI 1 to get picture and sound back. This happens with the remote and side TV controls.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you give me the full model number of the tv, please?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Does this happen with all sources/inputs (aerial, cable/satellite, dvd, game, apps, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Model number is Nr:32AV615DB
The TV is only connected to Virgin cable.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.Would it be possible for you to test this with any other device, something other than the virgin box?That would help to further isolate the issue, as this could be coming from a communication/control conflict with the box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.K. I will try the DVD player and get back to you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** await your reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right, I have tried the DVD player and the same thing happens.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.When you tested dvd, was that a hdmi connection also?If so, is it possible for you to test either cable or dvd via a different connection method (scart, coax, component, composite)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still the same, even changed the batteries in the remote?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for checking. The remote would not affect this, I was just wanting to verify it wasn't a hdmi specific issue.Unfortunately, these checks isolate this to being an internal hardware failure, specifically a bad "main board" in the tv. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2009 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; meaning that main board would have to be replaced.That will be about a $50 part, and about another $100 for labor to have a local tech install it. For a tv of this age and size, you may wish to consider replacement as an option as well - you can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $200 range these days. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Nathan I thought it would be something expensive. However, I will try your "fix". Unfortunately this will have to be tomorrow as I'm on my way out. I will let you know the outcome when I've tried it, I will give you my rating at the same time.
Stan.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all, take your time, Stan.Best of luck to you,Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.