info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My Toshiba Regza 42" LCD AV55 Digital Series won't switch on,it's

My Toshiba Regza 42" LCD AV55 Digital Series won't switch on,it's stuck in Standby mode.I've tried switching off and holding thepowerfor 30sec then power on again but no result.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome Can you please get me the full model number found on the back of the set please? Thank YouAnthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi,sorry for the delay but to crown it all off my laptop decided to come out in sympathy with my tv and shut down refusing to boot up.Got sorted so here's the info you needed;

Model No: 42AV554D

Sean

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
And it does not switch on manually at the set itself?the power-light is solid red (not blinking)
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it won't switch on manually,the power light is solid only blinks if I try to switch it on using the remote,blinks once as if trying to turn green then stays solid.

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Sean its a bad main-board do you think you can replace this plug in board yourself?
I will provide all the necessary info for that
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thought as much and if it's a matter of plugging in a replacement board I'm keen to give it a go,i.e. with your expert instruction.Please advise.

I'm in your capable hands

Sean

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)Let me know if you need more info Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you there will be a rating band with this post, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have RegardsAnthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot Anthony,looking forward to a bit of tech investigation.

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Your Welcome Please remember to rate the answer positively this is the only way In receive credit from the site, the question remains open always and I will be available for on going support should you need it RegardsAnthony