MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a problem with my Samsung Blu-ray Home Theatre sound

I have a problem with my Samsung Blu-ray Home Theatre sound - it is a Model HT-D5200/XU system. Recently, the sound has started to boom and fade in every kind of playback. It is connected to a Samsung UE32D6530 TV set using an ARC-certified HDMI cable. The problem occurs with Blu-ray and DVD playback, with TV sound from a VirginMedia TiVo set-top box, and with sound from my Apple TV and MacMini - all connected with HDMI cables to the TV set. The speaker cables and the speakers are the original Samsung ones. Hope you can help?

Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Blu-ray system?Also were there any power outages or storms just prior to this problem?And please describe the booming in further detail so I can help.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The system is just over three years old, purchased Jan 2012

No power outages, equipment protected by a surge protected power strip

The "booming" is just a momentary in crease in volume, seemingly at random which lasts a second or so before the sound returns to seemingly normal.

Thanks for that info. What you can try is a factory reset that usually clears this up.If it doesn't please let me know as then there is a problem internally that needs service. But try the reset as described:On your remote. press and hold the STOP key for atleast 7 seconds then release it. This should reset everything.Please rate kindly at this time, so I can stick with you you wont lose me and it will keep us together in case this doesn't fix your problem, but it should;-)Have a great day as well;-) Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for the delay in replying.

There was a dispute about my payment, and I didn't want to commit any additional money, as I was sure I didn't need to - I was correct!

So ... I've done the Factory Reset as you suggested, and have done a quick check and the problem seems to be less severe, but I'd like to keep the call open for a little longer just to try a range of inputs and media.

I've also switched the inputs from the Apple TV and TiVo set-top box from the TV to the Blu-Ray player. Is that likely to improve in any way the quality of audio output?

Hi thats good news,If you would like to keep this open with me just rate kindly at this time. Then as soon as you do, I will see that on my screen and put your question in my priority box so when you need me further on this, I can respond immediately to you.There is no cost you you to rate my service kindly and I assure you the question will not close when you rate. I don't know why they still say that it will lol;-)I have been a tech here for 8 years now so I know how it works .Have a great day!Tech Michael