info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Samsung UE55H8000 STXXU TV. I can no longer get onscreen

Customer Question

I have a Samsung UE55H8000 STXXU TV. I can no longer get onscreen text for anything other than the E-Manual?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
HelloWelcome Please re-boot the TV by un-plugging it from wall-power waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in again let me know if there is any change thanks? Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Please check the firmware you have is upto date http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/televisions/hd-tvs/UE55H8000STXXU <<click bottom of page If its not you will need to upgrade the firmware, there will be an over internet option or a manual option to do that Let me know how this works outAnthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I press Menu I cannot proceed has I cant get the text to follow the onscreen instructions.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like bad firmware have you checked ?please click the link above its on the bottom of the page, I know this may sound confusing but the firmware controls the set
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
You must check to see if the firmware is the same or its later if its later you need to upgrade which will correct the issue, you can do that over the internet or manually its all in the guide Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have to go out now, tried internet no joy, will try manual (USB) later.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

usb didn't work. Doesn't help when you dont have any text to follow instructions

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Jeff all the instructions for the firmware is in the guide from the manuf that comes with the firmware have you downloaded that?you must follow exactly what needs to be done in the guide?
Anthony