MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a DVD recorder DC100. When I press Guide on the

I have a DVD recorder DC100. When I press Guide on the remote, it displays some channels and programmes but many are randomly missing, with just a black space where the title should be. Next time it may be a full list or others are missing. This seems to be getting worse.
Thank you, Clive
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Clive, Sorry to hear that.How old is your DVD recorder?And were there any power outages or storms just prior to this event?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 5 years old. The description on the receipt is Sony RDRDC205B DVDREC 250GB, not quite what I gave you before which was from the front panel.
There have been no power problems or storms in the last couple of years. This happens intermittently and the missing channels are not always the same ones, so I doubt if that would be the cause.
Clive
Thanks for that well put information Clive, it really helps.Since this is intermittent I need to know if you need to re tune the unit to get the missing channels back? Or do they just appear?And who is your cable or sat provider?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do we need to re-tune the TV or the recorder or both?
We have a cable for Virgin Media TV plus an aerial connection but I cannot remember which one is in use for the recorder. Do you need to know?
Hi no the only one I would re tune would be the DVD recorder;-) But please do it this way: Unplug the DVD recorder from the wall(power) and wait 10 full minutes.If yours is equipped (which I believe it is) with a channel tuner that you can set from its menu, then please do the channel search, if not disregard that part.Then plug it back in and run setup in your menu to search for the available channels.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a wonderful day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have re-tuned it and most programmes for today are there, more than before. However Sat onwards only has 50% of programmes. Should we not see them all for 7 days ahead?
Thanks, Clive
Hi Clive I did some research yesterday for you on this and found that you are missing channels due to a temporary issue not with your system but with the broadcaster. So yes it will take a bit of time to see all the channels again. But you did the correct thing and may need to do that procedure once again in about a week 7 days.Please rate kindly at this time Clive so I can remain with you also its the only way I receive credit for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will see that and reply so you know you still have me with you until this is working as it should;-) Thanks Clive and have a great day! Tech Michael
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience: I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** have 95% of channels now. If they start to disappear, I can re-tune but hopefully this will not happen too often.
Thanks, Clive