Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Pioneer PDP XDE Plasma wired through my walls into

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer PDP XDE Plasma wired through my walls into another room that houses all my equipment. I now want to move the TV to another wall and realise I need extensions to all my cables which for most seems easy but the pioneer system cables are a problem as I need to extend then from one side to another and need to ask if there is an adapter that allows you to extend for another 10 mtrs. I know you can get cable on ebay but how can i attach it to current system lead?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Please check the full model number off of the back of the TV. Also, you cannot extend the system cables 10 mtrs- one of the system cables is a DVI and is only rated for 5 meters before signal dropout occurs. Are those in-wall cables able to be pulled out of the wall and moved with the media receiver? Or if not, is it possible to move the media receiver along with the TV?