Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Panasonic tx l42 e 3b lcd, screen colours are fuzzy, screen

Panasonic tx l42 e 3b lcd, screen colours are fuzzy, screen contrast fuzzy
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. There are three things that could cause this- the Mainboard, the LCD controller, or the LCD panel itself. Can you tell me if- when you pull the TV's MENU up, is the MENU image also fuzzy? Also is this something you're looking to repair yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for reply, yes menu is a bit fuzzy not as bad, there is also a bar running down the screen that is darker than the rest of the screen, yes I'd like to repair myself if I can, had the back off the tv earlier.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. That bar running down the screen is concerning- and may end up making this set non-repairable- since it points to a fault in the LCD panel itself- which costs about 90% of what the TV cost when new. Please tell me how thick that bar is, and also if it flickers or moves. Additionally when you pull up the MENU- is the MENU OVER that bar, or is the bar over the MENU please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The menu is under the bar, and the bar is approx 1/10th of the size of the screen and it is static
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
That is very bad news- all of it. Any bar on the screen thicker than 1/8", that does not move, and appears over the MENU is a faulty LCD panel- the LCD controller board will not cause this, and the Mainboard will not cause this IF the MENU is also under the bar. You're looking at a new TV here- this one is not- repairable I'm afraid. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one, but by the time you buy a screen- that's if you can find one, you're looking at the replacement cost of a new TV, plus having to rebuild the entire set. Any bar on the screen is tell-tale in an LCD set of a failed panel which is fatal.If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.