MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

During the last 12months I purchased a Panasonic Th-42AS64OA

Customer Question

During the last 12months I purchased a Panasonic Th-42AS64OA when I was on an international assignment in Brisbane Australia. The TV worked perfectly in Brisbane. I have now returned to the Uk and I am experiencing difficulty tuning the TV as the auto-tune in feature doesn't find any channels. I have tried to Factory re-set the TV, however, I don't get an option to indicate that I have moved from Australia back to the UK.
Could you please advise how I can resolve this problem?
Thanks,
Mitch
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mitch sorry for that. Make sure your tuned to the correct band, AIR or CABLE DIGITAL etc in your menu before you select auto tune. On tat set it doesn't always show that your run the UK or US etc, that info is just sent by the cable or sat provider as a signal. But the TV should find channels provided you do the search within the correct band as stated.Also please make sure you have a good connection and that it has a valid TV signal on that line.If you still have trouble there may be a problem with the TV, but usually if it will run the scans, then that part is OK, unless the jack has been damaged?In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried re-tuning the TV with still no success. I had anticipated having to change the core software/ID number ,so that the TV detects that it is now in the UK and thus on a different frequency to find the UK channels. Is this available?

Hi thanks, ***** ***** internal and should automatically check the signal type and adjust accordingly.As for the tuning make sure you can get a signal on that cable line using another TV.If you can, then the TV likely has a problem internal something more than likely to do with the actual port having a component failure, especially since this TV travels so much. I have been a technician for over 30 years and that is my best guess, it will be one of these issues, maybe no signal at that cable input I suspect, more than anything but if that checks out ok, then the TV is either set on the wrong signal type which you set before scanning. Or the set needs to visit a repair shop local to you. if you are in the US Best Buy may help you set this if thats the problem or make the repair if one is really needed;-)
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with, and please rate my service to you kindly before you go, I will still be here for you and there is no cost to rate in a kind fashion.Have a great dayTech Michael