info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My TV model tx-l22d28bp, is pixelating on all channels no matter

Customer Question

My TV model tx-l22d28bp, is pixelating on all channels no matter what the signal strength. Tried another tv on the same aerial cable and it worked fine.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
I just need to ask for more info please. if you use another input like a DVD player for example is it OK using this?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not got a DVD player I can easily try on this TV, if I had I would probably use an HDMI connection rather than an aerial lead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go out now, will reply to any queries when I return.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
No that is not an answer it was just a request to see how the set behaves without using the tuner however>>
OK its likely to be a bad tuner within the set mounted on the main-board now your best workaround option is to get a set-top-box and use that rather than replace the main-board which may not be available anyhow and be a much cheaper option, if you wish to replace the main-board you will need to get the part-number found on the main-board itself on a sticky label or etched on the board, the main-board is the one with all the AV connectors on google the part-number for suppliers.
Let me know if you need more info
Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Anthony, I thought it might be something like that. I'll just have to weigh up my options.Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now discovered that it could be 4G interference affecting the older TV more than others. I am better off researching things myself than paying for it.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Its possible the thing is you would need to buy a filter anyhow the best workaround is the set-top-box because you then have newer technology tuner in a 5 or 6 year old set and in any case with band compression going on every couple of months that tuner in the set soon may not even work.
Anthony