Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Samsung ctv model CW-28D83N FRAME FAULT Flyback lines

Customer Question

Samsung ctv model CW-28D83N
FRAME FAULT
Flyback lines visiual at top of screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung ctv model cw-28D83N
Flyback lines visual at top of screen
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
About those retrace lines at the top ; Do they get better or even disappear as the tv warms up ?Did they appear gradually over last few weeks ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do not change with time
have been there for some time
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then this is a vertical deflection problem and very common for deflection tv`s of that age .Give me a few minutes and i will upload a picture of a section of the service manual .By the way , i can also upload that manual if you wish ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
The first link is a section of the deflection circuit and I pointed to 2 capacitors (C304,C306) ,both 100uF at 50volts , replace those and I can be sure at 90% that your problem is resolved , here is that link ;https://www.dropbox.com/s/txvvq3cchhfl0vn/2015-10-30_0913.png?dl=0
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Here are the schematics for this tv ;https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsgm3xvq0a75cqm/samsung_s56a_rev1.1-cw21a113n%2Ccw28d83n.pdf?dl=0Give it a minute to open and then you can download it to your pc
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
By the way , they will be near the vertical out IC part# ***** location # *****
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
The first suspect here is C304 , the pump up capacitor
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hope this help and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question as it is the only way i get paid for helping you ,Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.