Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Panasonic tv TX-L19x5B. The picture on all channels

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic tv TX-L19x5B. The picture on all channels is "fractured" and I wondered if it might be something to do with the software. Some months ago it automatically tried to update but did not complete-I probably got fed up waiting. I have just downloaded an update but the instructions are for a PC but not Macintosh that I require. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you need a part you are still required to pay. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Are you referring to channels from a TV provider or are you referring to the internet apps like netflix as channels?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a freeview tv and it is connected with a digital aerial. On all channels I have tried the pircture is pixellating.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok that could be caused by the antenna you are using. Can you test the TV with something else for me like a DVD player for example?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a bit stumped by your question since I do not have another device readily available.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You can take all the time you need to get back to me. You can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and looking under my questions. As I mentioned the antenna could be causing your issue. The easiest way to test that is to try a different device on the TV that does not rely on an aerial signal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I will give that some thought
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not have another device I can try on the aerial since the Panasonic is the only digital device we have: the others are analogue and would not work anyway. I have just had another look at the TV and noticed I cannot get either BBC1 or BBC2. this maybe something or nothing.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
That is an OTA channel or should be so that does not help. As I mentioned you would need to test another device even if you borrow one from someone for a few minutes. Until we can rule that out we can not really go any further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The cabling for the aerial was installed when the house was built and all I have access to is the aerial socket outlets. I have also disconnected the TV aerial and replugged it. The connections for this aerial should be OK since I purchased this when I got the TV rather than use an old one since I am aware reused aerials can be a bit flakey.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In relation to your last comment, I will need to leave this for now and arrange for a technician to visit. Thank you.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, if you decide you want to continue just let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your TV.