Dan
Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

I have a NV-VP30EB/BL DVD and video cassette recorder which

I have a NV-VP30EB/BL DVD and video cassette recorder which has recently refused to play DVDs-the tray for the DVD will not stay in and keeps coming out even when I switch the product off! no problem with playing VCRs
please advise
Ray Huxtable
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Is the tray out all the time now or will it cycle when you power the unit on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dan

when powered and DVD button is pressed the tray comes out and "OPEN" appears on the screen-then when pressed again it goes in and "CLOSED" appears-then it opens again on its own so am unable to play any DVDs

when switched off "BYE" appears yet tray still opens on its own after powered off and I have to manually close it

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
It is possible the mechanism has jumped a gear and the tray is not retracting fully for the sensor to detect it. It may be possible to repair this depending on the age of the unit. Let me know if you would like to give it a try and I can possibly provide you with documentation to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if it resolves my problem, I would try it

thanks

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Check this LINK for the repair manual you will need. You can download the manual at a cost of $20. I have been unable to locate a free copy, but there may be one if you want to search further? Please feel free to get back to me if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please don't bother-I have managed to obtain a reconditioned product of the same model very cheaply so am now happy

regards