Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My TV screen is showing "No Signal" Mo sky box "2TB

My TV screen is showing "No Signal"
Mo sky box "2TB 3D ON DEMAND" has a red light showing.
I have tried switching the Sky Box off for 5 minutes and then turning it on again.
Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. When you say switching the box off, do you mean just with the power button on the sky remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. Pulling out the 13 amp plug.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirming.That is the appropriate reset process,repeat that again though (unplug power to sky box at least 1 minute).If no change, then we're looking at a wrong input setting, a fault in the tv input board, a bad cable, or a bad sky box.Do you have another device there that you can test with the tv (dvd, game, media/apps, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

DVD works fine. I've switched off again and now there isnt even a red light in the centre of the Skybox. Just a greeny red one to the right of the box.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay that points to a sky box issue at this point.It would help to swap hdmi cables just to be safe.Beyond that, it would indicate the sky box is fault, and you'll want to call up sky to have them replace the box for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

God knows why, but it has all restarted - after an hour!

Perhaps a dodgy box, as you say.

Many thanks for your help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Good news, at least for now.It is possible it was downloading/installing an update that just needed time to finish loading.If you find the issue recurring though, then ring sky for a new box. Best regards,Nathan