Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have a LG M2762D and the picture starts but won't stay on.

I have a LG M2762D and the picture starts but won't stay on. what is the cause of this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the TV (unplug it from the power socket) then hold the power button on the actual TV for 60 seconds then release.
Wait 10 minutes, connect the power and turn it on and tell me please if it now functions correctly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. That solution did not work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I tried doing what you suggested but sorry to say it didn't work. TV picture still come on but goes off after about 2 mins
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
this confirms the problem
It is the powerboard in the TV that has faulted.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.