Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My remote control rc1800 isn't working. I've changed

My remote control for Hitachi rc1800 isn't working. I've changed batteries but no luck
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue. - Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV as RC-1800 is remote control number?- Also, does TV work through control buttons on it?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have serial number any good
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Serial number won't help but following info will help to proceed further..- Does TV work through control buttons on it?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They bleep when you touch them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
L42VC04U
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
- Does power button on TV work to turn On and Off the TV?- Does any thing appear on screen?You can confirm the remote infrared signals output with help of digital or cellphone camera, press buttons on RC-1800 remote control while looking at remote front tip through camera, if you get flashing light on remote front then remote is working. Please check following link to view an image to have better idea about this test..http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12526128_f520.jpghttp://www.tailormadeitsolutions.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/RemCtl-1.jpgPlease reply back with result to proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Remote is working
It flashes through camera lens
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, that means TV itself has got internal failure and requires service to resolve the problem. - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still nothing
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to hear that and it indicates TV needs service to fix the issue as it has got internal hardware failure and need to be checked by local TV repairman to determine what board is need to be replaced to resolve the problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you anyway