info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I keep having Weak or No Signal - check the antenna cable connection coming up on the scre

I keep having Weak or No Signal - check the antenna cable connection coming up on the screen.
Cable is fine?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Please make sure that the aerial is good by trying another set on the same aerial point before we move on the only other way to make sure that point is good is by getting a signal strength meter from maplins for about £15
Let me know before we move on
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent got another set to try.
This tv worked fine in the same arial point the other day. Switched it off lunch time. Switched back on in evening and weak/connection message came up and unable to tune or find any channels?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I understand but the only way you are going to move forwards is first eliminating the aerial point we would check this immediately with a signal strength meter or another TV known to be working OK via the tuner, there is no magical other way checks need to be made hypothetically the aerial on the roof or elsewhere may have fell down for example
If you want to skip that for now have you tried retuning the set?
Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yup tried " search stations " still finds nothing.
Any idea what 'modulation setting' the tv should be on?
Tv has built in freeview. Its a possibility my sister could have altered settings....
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Why what does it say in the menu?there should not be a modulation setting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On this TV - can you do....like a factory reset? Get it back to basic - incase my Sister has amended a setting somewhere.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes but first let me know if you see a MENU a MUTE and a INFO button on the Tvs own remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mute - yes.
Menu - no.
Info - yes.
But do have - TTX/MIX. PRE-CH. MEDIA.P.
GUIDE. Tools. CH.List. Return. Exit.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Really no menu button ?surely there must be a menu buttonn
Is it not the green one in the middle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Argh...found it - sorry.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK to reset you need to switch the set OFF to standby, then with the TV remote press INFO>>MENU>>MUTE>>POWER ON within 6 seconds the set will come on in service mode navigate to option 12 or 13 reset, enter here and OK the set will switch itself OFF after a short time spell ,switch back ON again and you will need to retune
Let me know how this works out
Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
How is this working out please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant check till in the morning as its my sisters appartment. Will let u know ASAP
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks
Anthony