Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do i manually switch a SAnyo ce37fd90 - TV ON ??

Customer Question

how do i manually switch a SAnyo ce37fd90 - TV ON ??
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Before discussing that is there any light lit or blinking on the front of the set?if lit what colour is it please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
steady blue light
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
It would appear as though the set is in the ON mode, if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control, does the menu come up please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no nothing, the tv remote is bust
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
You can use the menu button on the set itself if it has one
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
this is important thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
erm the buttons at the side dont work they just beep, the tv is say 5 years old, when i turn the tv on normally , the blue turns off
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK you have a problem with the set its nothing to do with how you switch the set on the set has an internal issue likely to be power or mainboard (I worked for a sanyo agent we used to take both boards with us for these sets) so if you think you can do work yourself with the set I will be happy to help you?you may need to be able to use a meter and practical to get the board(s) out
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i had the tv working fine, but i can see where remote is broken, i turned the tv actually off, then remote broke, i want to know how to get the tv to go into standby mode manually ??
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Right I will opt out I dont know
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, if your remote is broken, can you use the buttons on the front of the set?
I've provide a picture of the buttons that are on the front of the device.
Never mind, I see you mentioned that the buttons on the TV do not work either. I will also opt out.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Aric- different Expert here. If your buttons on the set just beep when pressed, and remote's broken- there's no way to get the set to turn on without fixing it first. The beeping buttons with no response (no MENU, no Input icon/selections, etc.) means your "Mainboard" in the set has failed. You're only going to get this set running by replacing the Mainboard.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
That part's at the link below for sale if you're looking to repair the set yourself: http://www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk/17mb35-4-060109-20459469-sanyo-ce37fd90-b-main-board Otherwise to have a shop fix this, it's roughly £130-150.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Please scroll up to see all replies if you're not able to see the fix I posted above.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.