Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hitachi tv l42vko4ua will not turn on unless you heat the back

Customer Question

hitachi tv l42vko4ua will not turn on unless you heat the back of it with a hair dryer.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue, please reply this message to proceed further.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The red standby light is on.When you press the on button or a number the standby light flashes but the tv does not turn on.Sometimes the standby will not flash and you have to turn the set off and on several times to make the standby light respond.I have checked capacitors using an ESR meter and they seem to be OK.When I apply heat using a hair dryer to the PSU board the tv starts.It is getting harder to start as time goes on.Sometimes it will start up for a few seconds then turn itself off again.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS
Once the tv has started it works all day.The problem is getting it to turn on.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.It seems PSU has got either cold soldering joints or devalued resistors problem so heating it up works to make lose connection work for a while to get the TV power up. Please swap the PSU board in TV to resolve the issue.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.