Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

How do l connect a second TOSHIBA TV to my Sky HD Box ?

Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You do this via a HDMI splitter.
This is a device you can use
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Splitter-Cable-Plug-Sockets/dp/B001IYEGQG
you will of course have two TV's watching the same channel, else you would need a seperate Sky Box.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been told it can be done using areial cable from RF Out-2 to the second TOSHIBA TV is this possible?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you have a second RF Out port you can, though you get better quality via the HDMI port.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the RF port setup with a Magic Eye installed to the Areial port on the TOSHIBA. Can change programs on the Sky HD Box from the TOSHIBA but no picture. Can you help ?.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you need to use the HDMI ports then as I initial indicated. This is why I gave the answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The RF setup has worked in the past but was disconnected during refurbishment. Don't know how too get things working again. The TOSHIBA is approx 10 Mts from the Sky Box. I would be willing to incur the cost of the HDMI cable once I know the system works by getting the original system working.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... your initial question was
But i gather its something different...
Can you clearly explain please what your question is and the setup
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The second TOSHIBA tv and the Sky HD Box are 10 meters apart and are connected with areial cable. RF-OUT 2 at Sky Box, areial socket at TOSHIBA with a magic eye. When all is switched ON a signal can be sent from the TOSHIBA back to the Sky Box, wth the Sky Remote Control but no plcture on the TOSHIBA, things at Sky end are OK. The areial cable is built in not trailing across the floor.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this is a different question to what you initially posed
I have made a request for a change to the question value.
Can you please accept this else I will have to opt out of working with you further
Richard, Technician
Experience: TV Engineer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
With this connection in place, on the Toshiba, go through the inputs and tell me if on any of the inputs you get a signal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Digital TV scanned OK . Can view Free View programmes with sound, plcture quality good. Is this what you mean ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes until you can see the content of the sky box.
Can you now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SKY box programmes are not being viewed on the TOSHIBA
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
when you go to input RF-OUT 2 on the TV, what is displayed?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the areial input on the TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you mean "going to areial input" as I said I can view Free View but not sky.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you cannot have both Freeview AND Sky connected to the same port...
You said the Sky is connected to your Areial port on your TV correct?
So which port is the Freeview connected to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The areial port my roof areial cable is plugged into Arieal IN on the Sky Box
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
and the Sky box is plugged into the areial port of your second TV right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
so then the connection is working else you would not be seeing the freeview channels, so you just need to change channels to get to the Sky channels.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand, Free View has about 70 channels but how do I change to Sky channels ?.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is part of the channel list. You are running Freeview into your skybox and then connecting your TV to the Skybox.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On Free View there is one Sky channel "News " but I can't change that channel, if I use the Sky Remote it does not work on the TOSHIBA but changes channels on the Sky Box.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes as the Sky Remote is for controlling the Sky Box, not the TV.
You would need a magic eye connected to the second TV if you wish to change channels on the Skybox from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Magic Eye fitted to the Arieal Socket on the TOSHIBA it has been there all along. It was there on the original setup. I repeat the sky remote will change channels from the TOSHIBA to the Sky Box but not on the TOSHIBA
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Then you have not programmed the remote to control the TV
Follow the instructions here to do this
http://help.sky.com/articles/program-your-sky-remote-to-control-your-tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I programmed the remote control everything seemed OK now I find that the remote works differently on the two TV sets also when both sets are on the same program they out of Sync by quite a time can this be rectified ?.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry as you can only have it really synced for one TV.
It is one Remote per TV.