Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Toshiba 19dl502b2 cannot get out of standby mode.checked batteries

toshiba 19dl502b2 cannot get out of standby mode.checked batteries on remote control,ok.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
toshiba tv 19dl502b2 .switch on mains,standby light flashes.can't get out of this mode.remote control batteries changed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ready to respond
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. It looks like Jack had to step away, so I'll help from here. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2012 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components. If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $200 for diagnostics, parts, and labor. For a tv of this size, repairs are generally not feasible - you can get a brand new tv with a fresh warranty for around $150. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan tried switching the power off for an hour to no avail.the set is 2014 and is just 2 weeks over the 12 month guarantee period.I have some knowledge of electronics but don't want the hassle of the work involved in the repair.I'm surprised to be dealing with an American based technician I was assuming you would be UK based.You mention you could give me a repair centre.I live in Cambridge,England,is there one near me.You've done your job, I'm not 100% happy but it has been an experience.
Thanks for advice
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
We work with models from all over the world, there is really no difference between a US and UK model other than 120 vs 240 power supply.I'll be happy to find a repair shop, but again you'll be looking at just as much in labor and diagnostics costs as you would for a new tv. In general, for sets smaller than 42", no matter what the age, they aren't worth fixing. If you wish to proceed though, tryGilzean Electronics35 Pieces Terrace, Waterbeach, Cambridge CB25 9NE+44 1223 861334 Based on the age, it may be worth a call to toshiba as well, you may be able to convince them to honor repairs/replacement for you: 0344(###) ###-####If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm taking tv to Gilzean electronics to see if it's worth repairing.Thanks for your contribution.I'll give you positive feedback.