info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

32" colour Hitachi TV ,L32VG08U . After aprox 15secs ,picture

Customer Question

32" colour Hitachi TV ,L32VG08U B. After aprox 15secs ,picture freezes and a few secs later switches off, then on again after a further few secs,then on and off repeatedly.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Do you mean the TV switches off completely?so maybe it drops to standby
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Sorry about the delayed reply. Yes, it drops into standby for about 15 secs, and then powers up again with picture & sound until freezing again after another 15secs, . It repeats like this until powering off. similar to a thermostat.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Its a bad main-board the thing is these sets at this size can be picked up cheaply so its a 50/50 to replace the mainboard (cost around £50) or replace the set let me know if you want to replace the mainboard and I will help you do that
Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the bad news?. Having built and repaired TVs in the past,I think I could replace the board myself, but will have a look inside first to see whats involved. I will come back to you afterwards. If I feel happy about it I may need help in obtaining the board. Thanks for your diagnosis Harry H.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Harry yes its the board with all the AV connectors on you MUST order by partnumber only found on the board itself
Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK , CAn you recommend any particular supplers. I will then give you a good rating. Harry H.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Try first www.flattvparts.co.uk or www.lcdtvparts.co.uk OR google the partnumber for suppliers
You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)
Let me know if you need more info
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK , Will do . I,ll now give you a excellant rating. Thanks again.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Thank You
Have a good day
Anthony