Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

LG 42PG3000 - I have just replaced the main board

LG 42PG3000 - I have just replaced the main board EAX41363703 with a used one because I was having trouble with HDMI connections (faulty). However I find the tv is now 'key locked', how do I turn it off. I understand from the manual that this a parental
control that only allows the remote to be used to access the tv but I cannot access the tv in order to obtain the menu where I am able to turn key lock off. Any suggestions please?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does remote work on TV and brings the menu screen if press menu button?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Shahid, the remote power button switches the tv on and off but nothing else, no menu. 'Key locked' is on the screen. We tried the secret menu by pressing and holding both the menu key on the remote and on the tv itself.
All push buttons below the tv do not work.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd as either remote or control buttons should work on TV. Are you sure the control button board on TV is connected to main board securely?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the buttons under the TV are functional, when pressed they make the "key Locked" message displayed. I can access the secret menu by simultaniously pressing and holding the menu button on the TV and remote. Is there anything on the secret menu I can adjust or change setting wise to unlock the keys?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, I'm out of ideas so let me open this question to all experts to have a look, hopefully some one will soon respond.I'm opting out.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shahid, thanks for trying - beginning to think I've been 'sold a pup'!!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I understand, checked related service manual but couldn't find any thing related expect EEPROM initialize option and it may make things worst. I can provide you service manual copy if that helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Shahid, yes please, if you could provide service manual copy that would be great. If we do find the answer we'll let you know. Kind regards.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure, please click following link to download service manual file, it is DJVU format file and requires DJView software (similar to adobe reader) installed in PC, this software is free and available on internet..http://www.mediafire.com/download/n4icucptpnqjslc/lg_42pg3000.djvuI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.