Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

Some channels have just disappeared , how can I get them back

Some channels have just disappeared , how can I get them back ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome
What is the make and model of the TV or device?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Goodmans model number 01 . TV is Samsung.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Some of the children's channels have gone and I can not get ITV ANY MORE , It says ( new service , please wait ) but nothing has happened and I have not received these channels that I originally had for at least a month .
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Sorry about the delayed response, can you remove the power to the TV and let it sit for 10 minutes (so disconnect it from the power socket).
Then connect it, turn it on and tell me if it now functions correctly please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have unplugged everything and turned back on after 15 minutes , but have not got lost channels back, what can I do next ? Does the box need retuning ?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me the make and model of the box please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Goodmans model 01.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you still get to the menu on the device?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I can get the main menu .
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the menu, then Settings, Reset.
Complete the reset so it lets you set it up again and tell me if it now gets the channels please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, when I go to settings there's no reset to go onto, only, language, genre, screen size,scart output, upgrade, etc which of all I have tried all with no success .
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the problem
It is the internal tuner that has faulted. We have ruled out all other issues.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can go onto ,first time install but it asks for a code , which I'm pretty sure I have never put in, so cannot continue that way .
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thats what I want you to do, enter in 0000
Richard, Technician
Experience: TV Engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, yes , yes!! Have all channels, thank you so much, Hayley.