Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

Screen freezes / splits . ghost picture unmoving on screen,

screen freezes / splits . ghost picture unmoving on screen, sound is fine, small strip of moving picture along bottom edge . occasionally tv turns itself off or returns to normal but now ghost picture permanent just have sound. our tv is model no 32LF7700, ariel signal is 77% quality 100% . we have a you view box from talk talk. we have tried another tv and it works perfectly. can you tell me what is wrong and if a repair is possible ? tv is 5 years old. thank you, regards ***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the TV please by unplugging it from the power socket then letting it sit for 10 minutes. While waiting, hold the power button in for 60 seconds on the TV then release.
Then after the 10 minute wait, connect the power and turn on the TV and tell me if it now functions correctly please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard, when turned back on just a narrow strip of picture along the bottom of the screen, 1 cm high sound ok. Mike
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
This would need to be replaced, but in my experience, based on the age of this TV, it is better to avoid the repair cost. You get a limited warranty and at this age the power board will likely go too, plus you only get a limited warranty on the replacement part. With TV's the price they are, it is best to purchase a new one for this type of problem.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.