info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Toshiba c3030 x3030 REGZA I switched on this morning after

Toshiba c3030 x3030 REGZA I switched on this morning after 10 min TV switched off itself, green light kept flicking on and clicking, TV wouldn't switch off with remote or main off/on switch. can you help please.Andy
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome Andy the power-board will need to be checked visually first and maybe with a meter can you do this work yourself?right now its either the power or mainboard that has gone bad Let me know pleaseAnthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I will provide all the necessary info and on going support
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Order ID:15815117-970
taken TV of the wall. what do I need to do to make a visual check or with meter?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK you will need to visually check the capacitors on the powerboard first so please get the back off the set
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
back off
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
You need to check all the caps on the powerboard like in this graphic <<click, trace the powercord to the powerboard and visually check those looking for raised domed tops or leaking/ballooning Let me know how that check works out Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none seem to be leaking or ballooning
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
You will need to replace the main-board You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.flattvparts.co.uk first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play) Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have Many Thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it large board with scart sockets and colour sockets for pin connection if so there is a smaller board on top I take it that this needs to be removed for accsess
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Can you take a photo of the inside of the set and upload it with the paperclip on your side ThanksAnthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for delay hope you get this